Pronounced vee, Vis are aspects that have been separated from their objects and purified. Not to be confused as essencia, vis is collected in your wand and produced inside aura nodes and from slain vanilla mobs. Vis can only be collected as a primal aspect from a node, if a node has compound aspects you cannot absorb any of that energy from it, only the primal vis may be taken, ignoring the compound aspects.
How to obtainEdit
Getting Vis is simple: you get it from nodes, or by collecting "vis orbs". Vis orbs can be found by killing mobs, carrying a primal charm, or standing near an Unstable Node. There are 6 types of Vis naturally found in Aura Nodes or vis orbs: Aer (air), Terra (earth), Ignis (fire), Aqua (water), Ordo (order), and Perditio (entropy). These are the six primal aspects. Sometimes, a compound aspect may be present in an aura node, and most special nodes will have at least one.
- Hungry nodes tend to have the aspects Fames and Lucrum.
- Sinister nodes tend to have aspects such as Examinis, Mortuus and Tenebrae.
- Pure nodes grown in silverwood trees tend to have the aspect, Victus
Devices that use vis from energized nodes:
- Advanced Alchemical Furnace
- Arcane Bore
- Arcane Worktable(when a Vis Charge Relay is installed at the top, arguably the best way to get loads of vis with relative ease)
- Essentia Crystallizer
- Flux Scrubber
- Focal Manipulator
- Infernal Furnace
- Magical Mirror
|This article is a stub. You can help the Thaumcraft wiki by expanding it.|