Nodes are concentrated mystical energy surrounded by Aura. They are found randomly throughout the world.
The aspects within an aura node can be tapped by a thaumaturge for his own purposes. The simplest way to do so is with the use of a wand."
If all of a particular aspect is drained from the node, the aspect can disappear from the node. If some of the aspect is left in a node it can recharge so that you can go back to the node. If there are no longer any aspects within a node, the node will disappear.
Beyond the comprising aspects, there are several types of nodes:
- Descriptors, these modify the node:
- Bright nodes regenerate their aspects at a faster rate than normal.
- Pale nodes regenerate their aspects at a slower rate than normal.
- Fading nodes do not regenerate their aspects.
- Base node types:
- Normal nodes have no special properties.
- Hungry nodes draw in items, entities and blocks. Aspects of the objects "eaten" will enter the node. Being sucked into a hungry node will quickly kill the player.
- Sinister nodes make the biome around them eerie. These can spawn within a Obsidian Totem.
- Pure nodes can be found within silverwood trees, wild and grown, as well as randomly spawned.
- Tainted nodes spread taint, changing the surrounding biome into tainted land. Nodes in tainted lands also become tainted, spreading the taint.
- Unstable nodes randomly change their aspects. They may also drop orbs of one of their aspects.
Nodes, when destroyed, drop ethereal essence. The total amount dropped seems to be floor[(amount of aspect)/10]+1 (assuming there is more than ten of the aspect in the node).